Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No More Vertical Blinds Fix!

I HATE VERTICAL BLINDS! 


So I took mine down.  I hung curtains and have been living in a non privacy world for a while.  I like to walk around my house naked sometimes and really do not want the world to see me though so here was my fix!


1.)I bought the old fashioned vinyl shades from my local Home Depot. (They custom cut for you to your dimensions; so make sure you have your measurements!)   Total Cost about $40.00.


2.) I then went to my local craft store and bought some acrylic paint in the color I wanted.  (Here I used Folk Art's 'Wrought Iron'.) This whole blind took about 7 small bottles.   Total Cost about $10.00.


3.) I had a stencil sitting around that I had used in my living room so I used it.  Cost = free.
If you do not have a stencil you can get some at your local craft store or www.etsy.com has some good stencil stores. (The one I used is from a seller on etsy.)


4.) I sat down and stenciled the whole vinyl shade.  This does take some time especially since I did not use a roller because I wanted to sponge it.  
Let dry and hang!


Here is pictures of the process:



Before













That is it for now.  I am slowly getting my kitchen "re-done".  Can not wait till it is all done!!














3 comments:

  1. I love it! Great job!! We are moving in August and I am wanting our next home to be a lot of little DIY projects to save on the cost of buying "things" outright. Thanks for posting the tips and instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you did this soon enough that no one has taken a naked picture of you yet. I love your stencil pattern! I would love to have the same print on one of my windows! DIY projects makes me thinks of creative ways on how to make my house pretty without costing a lot!

    Rene Veeravalli

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts