Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I thought I would share the evolution of me TRYING to do some flower beds.  I have no clue what I am doing so this is a trial and error thing so we will see how things come up this year.


First, I started by getting some books on flowers which I found is A LOT of info.  I also browsed the internet to get some ideas and I used Better Homes and Gardens planner as a rough outline on what to buy because well I had NO clue!  This is their plan. http://www.bhg.com/gardening/plans/by-size/small-garden-plans/#page=3. Here is the picture.




This is the front of my house when I first bought it.  I absolutely hated the bushes especially the holly one and they were obviously not taken care of.



So last year I pulled up those bushes. Using the planner as a rough guideline, this is what I planted.

So this next picture is what it looked like about 2 months later.  


Can't wait to see what comes up this year! I know I definitely have some "holes" to fill in the back  as well.    Will keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts