Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

My damask wall stencil project.

Yes! I FINALLY have one of my projects that I have been talking about done!  I have been dying to do a damask accent wall in my living room and I did NOT want wallpaper.  I have never been a fan of stenciling but after cruising Etsy I found some stencils I liked.  

Unlike a lot of directions I did not use acrylic paint for the stencil, I used regular paint. (That being said if you do a big wall be prepared for the quality of stencil to lessen as you paint over more of the stencil.  I ended up washing mine with water in the bath tub (aka big mess) towards the end.  It worked fine after I washed the paint off.  


I was really worried about lining up the stencil.  I started on the top middle of the wall because the lower half of the wall will have furniture covering some so if that area is "off" it would not matter as much.  I also used a clip-on stencil level.  I will also say that my stencil was very easy to line up.  (I bought my stencil @ http://www.royaldesignstudio.com/.  So here are my pictures. My painter is still here painting (the other walls) so I will have the FINAL design picture later!  Any questions? Just ask.  I LOVE IT!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts